Saturday, September 5, 2009

A House on a Hill is Built

I got a bit of stitching in over the last few days and this is where I was as of last night. I also made a couple of small changes. The house on the pattern actually looked blue and when I stitched it in black, it looked a little too ominous so I frogged it and did it in a dark blue. This is a blue from another SB kit I had already stitched. I always save those leftover threads 'cause you just never know. The only other change I made was to stitch the first big flower in the hill with a darker green just to be sure it showed up nicely in the hill.

How is yours coming? Be sure and check in with a picture or two so we can help celebrate your progress!

4 comments:

  1. Terri, it's looking great! I love the change you made. WOW! You have so much done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Look at you.....great progress. I have been a slacker lately, we decided to clear out our living room to get ready for some new paint and brighten up our hardwood floors, change the the tile on the hearth, etc. I have been waiting for a face lift on this room for sooooo long!!! I really wanted this project done this summer so I could really decorate for the upcoming three holidays this year. Life has a way of putting things on hold for awhile. I hope I can get back to stitching real soon, I really miss my needle. Great job Terri, it's looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the way for a long road trip and hope to make some progress. Yours is looking wonderful. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Terri - your piece is LOVELY!! Good Job!! Love the blue house instead of charcoal. I'm just about ready to start my house so I'll checkout my floss stash too!! LOVE IT!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete