Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 5 & 6 Complete

I have loved working on this and got up very early this morning so I could have a couple of good stitching hours. I was able to take another pic in the dappled sunlight with some hydrangea petals that match the colors of the sampler so beautifully. A couple of other changes ~ I changed the colors of the fish; the brown didn't show up at all and I wanted brighter colors. I think I may go back and change the stem and leaves of the middle flower in the hill to the darker green so it'll show up a little better. I like the soft colors but not when you can't really identify what the shape is.

How is yours coming along?

Peace,
Terri


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks so gorgeous! I'm so impressed, and feeling guilty that I have so much to do!
    I agree about the color changes. I'm glad you mentioned it. Sometimes we get a part of the silk that didn't get dunked in the dye enough, so I think it's a good thing to change it.
    Thanks so much for showing! I'm so excited to Sail Away today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..well..well - out of the slip late and sailed right into 1st place beautifully! I know it's not a race but girl, you are a quick stitch. Your piece is lovely and I love the color changes. In the 'olden days' I would have never, never, never have changed a color, a stitch, a fabric.....today I do as I please to please me. GOOD JOB Terri !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, congratulations on your finish, Terri. It's such a great piece and I am enjoying watching everyone's progress.

    Cari in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I can't believe how much you have done! It really looks gorgeous. I can't wait to start on Part 5 myself. That part looks like so much fun to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful finish Terri! Your sail away is beautiful - thanks again for the great leadership on the SAL from you and Loraine - You made it fun to participate and belong even though my stitching time has been sparse lately. I'll keep plugging away and maybe others will join in and keep me company as I row my boat slowly down the stream - merrily if I do say so myself! Mel

    ReplyDelete