Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finally caught up!

After rinsing my fabric, I was able to get out most of the soda stain - there is still some remnant of it around the edge but that's okay - it won't show. Luckily the threads didn't run but I do think the fabric faded a bit or at least it lost some of it distressed look. That's okay too, and I am going to leave well enough alone! Originally when I saw this pattern I thought of my son Matt graduating from high school and starting college, a whole new chapter in his life. But as I was stitching I thought it a worthy tribute to both my boys so I added Tyler's name as well. I hope they'll always know they have a safe harbor here with Rob and me whenever they should need it.

I got a serious case of numb butt yesterday watching all the Ted Kennedy stuff on television and was finally able to catch up. Today will have to be spent catching up on laundry and other chores I neglected yesterday!

Can't wait for the next part!




Be sure to post your progress pics - we're here to cheer each other on!

Peace,
Terri

6 comments:

  1. Terri, I am sooooo happy your stains came out. I was thinking about what you said earlier about starting over......I would dread having to do that!!! You're caught up (awesome) and now you're ahead of me. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way behind but today is my day to hopefully catch up. I have some books on tape and some DVD's and have warned my husband and even the dog. I will post my progress to my blog at end of day since I can't figure out how to post to this blog.
    Terri, yours looks great. I am so glad the soda stains came out. I think that is a great idea to put both your sons names on it. Look forward to seeing more progress on everyone's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri - I'm so happy to hear that you got the stains out! I was thinking about that yesterday and wondering if everything came out okay. Even if the rinsing took some of the color out I'm sure that it looks perfectly fine! When I got mine framed they put down at the bottom of the receipt for framing that they thought I had dumped something on it because of the staining on the fabric, so I'm sure any fading will still work very well with the piece. Glad to hear that you got caught up. I know that you've been incredibly busy so I'm glad that you got a severe case of numb butt and found some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Terri you are a quick stitch being all caught up in such a short time. I love that you put your boys names on your sampler. That is wonderful!! Glad you found some time to numb the butt!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! Your sampler is looking wonderful!!!! Can't tell you how glad I am that you got the stains out. That it really great news.
    I'm so jealous and how fast you stitch! I really better go sit myself in my chair and get caught up. I've been working on way to many other things.

    My fabric never had any variegation to it. I almost wonder if my was a substitute or something, because it just looked like regular cream fabric. Cindy's had a lot of variegation to it which I liked better, but I guess you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, huh!

    I love your personalization, and the lettering. It really looks wonderful. So glad your back on track, and that it didn't take you too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking the same thing about my fabric Loraine - it looks like plain creme fabric - oh well - you get what you get -

    WOW Terri - you are a whizz kid when you get going - looks great and I'm so glad to hear your fabric stain came out to your satisfaction. Enjoy! Mel

    ReplyDelete