Saturday, August 22, 2009

The raft has come ashore!

Hi everyone! I know.... it seems I've been lost at sea but I have finally landed on shore and am so glad to be back. I have had the busiest month I can EVER recall. Most of it has been good - but there has been a bit of bad that set me back on my heels a little bit and kept me from stitching/concentrating etc. But, things have finally settled down and I'm ready to set sail (on a very fast boat!). I didn't know when I talked to Loraine about doing this that my August would be so busy but that's the way life goes sometimes, right? I have made and mailed (I think), all but one scissor fob. I mailed 4 today so if you haven't received yours yet, it should arrive this week. However, I still don't have your address, Marjo so please send it to me at rotematy@comcast.net so that I can mail yours out. I'm so sorry for the big delay on mailing some of these. I can't explain how inept I've felt the last several weeks - I just couldn't seem to get done all I needed to do. It is getting better though so I think I'll be back on track shortly. When I decided to make the fobs I wanted them to remind you of our SAL long after we'd completed it. So... the blues, whites and greens of the sea were the primary colors I chose. What better gift from the sea than a pearl so blue and white pearls it was. The turtle is an ocean creature that I love and to me it represents the various speeds with which we all stitch. But, no matter how slowly we do it, we get there eventually. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for you. Oh, and like pearls from the sea, no two are alike. Here's a picture I took of some of them all hanging together.


Thank you to dear Loraine who never expected to single handedly be leading this SAL. You are doing a great job, girlfriend and I'm so grateful to you! If I alone had been left to captain this ship, it would surely have S-U-N-K!!!! I am thrilled to be your co-captain and hope you'll continue to steer this vessel as you are truly THE Captain. Everyone has always said I'm more like Julie (the party planner) on the Love Boat than Captain Steubing!. Do you all remember that show?? Anyway, I'm now going to close and go look at all the fabulous progress pictures! Have a great Sunday and a wonderful week! Keep up the good sailing!
Peace,
Terri

8 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Terri! And thanks again for the fob -- it's just perfect! Sorry you've been so busy. I hope things calm down for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Terri. You had been so quiet I was kind of getting worried. Sounds like you just had a great big dose of life this month. We've all been there. I am lovin' the darling fobs you made. You are very kind to do that for all of us. I expect mine will be here Monday or Tuesday. Hugs and Happy Stitching and have a peaceful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your back Terri! So far, the "Capt." seems like the easy job, and I think being the party planner is a lot more work!
    I've been worried about you as well, so I hope all is well. I hope it's nothing serious that is going on!
    I'm playing major catch-up today, and I'm stitching parts two and three if it kills me! (So far part 3 has only taken a few hours, so I think I can make it.
    Have a great week. I'll talk to you soon. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fobs are fabulous!! Makes me wish I'd joined so I could have one...LOL Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri glad things are settling down for you! And I am sorry about the bad whatever it was. Thank you so much for the fob, I need to get busy on my Sail Away, I have a bit of catching up to do but I am hopeful I will have time this week. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen,

    Do you have a blog? I didn't see it in your name when I clicked on it. I have never sold a fob (not even sure what to charge), However, that being said, doesn't mean I can't! I just don't want to duplicate the ones for the SAL because I wanted those to be something special for our Sailing SAL pals but if you'll tell me what you'd like, we can "talk".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, I am so glad you remembered to wear your life jacket! Glad to have you on board and I hope nothing but smooth sailing is in your future. Life has a way of raining on us at times, but I am sending sunshine and rainbows your way. You know, a smile is a curved line that sets things straight, so keep smiling! A billion thanks to you Terri, for our memorable turtle fobs. Take care girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri - sorry to hear you've been weathering some stormy seas - Life gets like that quite often these days it seems. Just hang on to that life raft and keep paddling. You'll enjoy stitching with the SAL when things are better. Mel

    ReplyDelete